A brand new cinematic experience for movie-goers


Recently I read news about TGV Cinemas going fully 100% digital. I love to watch movies and this excited me.

So, to know more what fully digital means, I visited one of the projection rooms at Sunway Pyramid with a few friends from the media. What made our visit more meaningful was having the CEO of TGV Cinemas Mr Gerald Dibbayawan share about the digital evolution for TGV Cinemas.

According to Mr Gerald, with the technological advancement in movie making, the film industry has also evolved in tandem. TGV Cinemas’ decision to become fully digital is their own way of committing to their patrons to provide brilliant and crystal clear images in whatever movies they choose to watch.

And some might wonder why digital?? The answer is, at present, international films are all made, edited and saved in digital format. This means better image quality and sound for the audience. Compared to the old method of projection using 35mm film which is easily subjected to wear and tear over time, digital cinema has its edge. Content quality is preserved in hard disks. So what does this mean for the viewer? It does not matter if the movie is viewed for the first time or for the 100th time, it will still look as good as what the movie director intended!

So, with all this information told to me, I then decided to test the digital quality. I decided to watch Pasific-Rim in one of TGV’s Beanieplex hall.
And guess what. I was truly amazed as the images were crystal-clear and the clarity of the digital sound was mind-blowing.

This was truly a great cinematic experience for me! So, go watch a movie in digital format at TGV. You won't regret it.



A story by Ribena Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment